iPhone 4 (Verizon) is already Dual CDMA/GSM “Ready”
It is rumored that iPhone 5 might be a dual CDMA/GSM iPhone, meaning you can use it on a CDMA network like Verizon (US), and also use it on GSM network like AT&T (US) or Singtel (Singapore). But in fact Verizon’s iPhone 4 is already armed with Dual CDMA/GSM Qualcomm MDM600 chip, however, due to how it is built, you can’t slot in a Sim Card into Verizon’s iPhone 4. Nevertheless, it means that Apple is definately putting dual chips on the coming iPhone 5, and it might be able to work both on CDMA and GSM network with just a single iPhone model.
Verizon’s CDMA and GSM (Rest of the World) iPhone 4 Comparison (Verizon left)
Overall, the looks and feel of both Verizon and AT&T iPhone 4 is very similar, almost identical! Of course it is the doing of Apple, so as to not to confuse anyone. Most of the internal parts are the same, same processor chip, rams and housing.
But there are some slight difference:
- Battery is the same 5.25 watt hour capacity, but it is a newer model and weigh lesser, from 26.9 gram to 25.6 gram
- Sim Slot is gone
- The Qualcomm PM8028 chip works in conjunction the Qualcomm MDM6600 to provide wireless data connection to the phone
- The Qualcomm MDM6600 chip supports HSPA+ data rates of up to 14.4 Mbps and CDMA2000® 1xEV-DO Rev. A/Rev. B
- External Antenna are slightly different when assemble
- Vibrator is quieter, softer feel and makes a better sound when vibrating on table
Have you gotten your Verizon’s iPhone, do you feel anything else better? Feedback by leaving us a comment.