Box.net is a web storage service, which works quite similar to Dropbox. Box.net allows users to upload files, share files and edit files over any devices, which includes desktop, iPhone, iPad, Android and more. They are having a promotion, Box.net now offers all existing or new iOS users a free upgrade to 50GB of storage!
50GB is quite a huge storage for free. Apple and Dropbox are charging 100 and 99 dollars per year for 50GB of storage, but Box.net is giving out them for free. So how do you sign up for this promotion?
Steps on getting your 50GB storage
It is not very straight forward, you need to do the following steps:
- Go to Box.net via your desktop, Mac or PC (sign up for account or login to your existing one)
- Go to Files -> Click on Create Folder
- Click on the downward point arrow -> Folder Properties -> Advance Properties
- Click on email option tab -> Check on the Allow uploads to this folder via email and click OK
- Download or update your Box.net iPhone/iPad App and login.
- You should be upgraded to 50GB of Storage and 100mb of file limit per file.
- Please note that the Promotion ends at 2nd December 2011
Box.net is very generous on giving out storage, but I really hope their desktop sync will be free. You need to know that Box.net do not provide free desktop sync like what you have for dropbox, thus to upload your files to box.net, you either have to use their upload function on box.net website or upload them via iPhone/iPad. It is not the easiest and fastest way to share/sync files, but it will be quite useful to have such a huge storage online.
I’m thinking of using them as my important files backup for example Family Photos and some important documents. Nevertheless, don’t waste the opportunity to get the storage. Be sure do get your free storage before 2nd December 2011!
Download iPhone or iPad Box.net App here: Box.net for iPhone and iPad