Fscklog posted a image of what we think might be the Macbook Pro 2011 13 Inch Model Specification! Seems like it will be a usual refresh with some new technology as predicted in our previous blog post! Below are the details:
- 2.3 GHZ Sandy Bridge Dual Core Intel Core i5 Processor with 3MB L3 Cache
- 4GB of RAM
- 320GB Hard disk (disappointed that is no SSD, but it should be available as an add on option)
- 13.3-inch LED backlit display with a 1280×800 pixel resolution.
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB RAM
- FaceTime HD Camera
- 8X Superdrive
- Thunderbolt (Which we suspect should be Light Peak Technology which Apple has been working on for quite some time)
- SDXC SD Card Slot which seems to be able to support up to 2TB of Storage
We have gotten some of the main upgrades correct in our previous Macbook Pro 2011 Predication, but we didn’t expect Light Peak or Thunderbolt to be out so soon and the new SDXC SD Card slot which supports card storage up to 2TB. This 2 were out of our exceptions, but I’m pretty disappointed we ain’t getting any SSD as a standard package for the 13 inch model. Although we have no idea if 15 or 17 inch MBP will be getting SSD as its standard setup.
We have seen in Macbook Air that SSD really boost the notebook performance even from a low powered processor in the MBA. Really hope it will be included.
Although we can’t be sure that Thunderbolt is Light Peak, but it seems to be as seen in the picture above. Light Peak are a high speed IO technology which can transfer data at a very high speed of 1-10Gbps! Very cool technology but I’m sure it will take some time to gain popularity.
Another interesting technology is FaceTime HD which means that Macbook Pro users can now FaceTime at HD quality to fellow iPhone and iPod Touch and the future iPad 2.
Stay Tuned with us for more Macbook Pro 2011 details!