What can we see in the up and coming Macbook Pro 2011 refresh?
- Processor Upgrades – Sandy Bridge is on the way to Macbook Pro 2011, definitely will be seeing it when it refreshes.
- Liquid Metal Body – Apple has been using Macbook Pro’s Aluminum Full Body for about 3 years, and they have been trying to test out Liquid Metal technology, and have used it to produce the Metal Piece Pin comes with your iPhone which is use to push out your SIM Card out from iPhone.
- Better Battery Life – What else is more important than having good battery life? Everyone wants their laptop’s battery life to be as good as iPad. It is rumored that Macbook Pro 2011’s Battery life will increase by 2 hours, which will be 12 hours!
- Better WiFi Coverage – As Aluminum is actually blocking some percentage of the Wifi signal, having a liquid metal body will strengthen Wifi Signal
- Better FaceTime Camera – Apple hasn’t been updating their iSight camera, and because of FaceTime on iPhone, iPod Touch and soon to be iPad, Macbook Pro 2011 might be the first to get their first FaceTime Camera upgrade with larger megapixel, who knows we might get HD quality FaceTime Camera
- SSD Option – Apple might slowly phase out Optical Drive, and might replace them with SSD drive as an additional HDD. It is not new that people actually remove their optical drive on their MBP and replace with a SSD, so Apple might take that idea up just like Mac Mini Server which they removed Optical Drive for a extra Harddisk
- Better heat control – This is actually my wishlist, Apple’s Macbook Pro are really too HOT to be on your lap, although Apple’s reply is MBP is not a laptop but a notebook. But at times, you really need to put them on your lap. So I hope Apple can have better heat controls
- Cheaper Macbook Pro – It is rumored heavily that Macbook Pro 2011’s price point will drop by 100-200 dollars. Who don’t wish to pay less for more?
That rounds up my prediction for Macbook Pro refresh for 2011 which it rumored to be on March! What do you think? Leave us a comment or tweet to us @usingapple