Finally Untethered Jailbreak is here, we have been waiting for quite a while, after Apple released iPhone OS 3.1.3, Untethered Jailbreak were no where to be seen. Spirit finally did it!
Spirit released Untether Jailbreak for 3.1.3 for both Mac and Windows, not only that the jailbreak process is extremely fast and easy. Check out the guide below, you won’t get wrong.
First and most important thing you need to know is that Spirit is NOT a unlocking tool, Spirit will just jailbreak your iPhone and with Cydia installed after the whole process.
Things you need before you start:
- iTunes 9.0 and above
- Your iPhone should be on iPhone OS 3.1.2 or 3.1.3.
- Your iPhone should be already activated, not be at emergency screen or connect to iTunes Screen. ( Meaning a working iPhone which you can already make phone calls and stuff)
Steps to Jailbreak Using Spirit:
1. Before you start anything, it is a good practice to backup/sync your iPhone with iTunes to ensure you have backup your Phone.
2. Download Spirit Jailbreak tool here (Mac / Windows)
3. Plug in your iPhone via USB (if you already plug it in during your backup or sync, you can just leave it there)
4.. Double Click on the Spirit icon to launch the Application
5. After the Spirit Application is launch, regardless on Mac or Windows, you will see a screen like this
6. Wait no longer, Click on the Jailbreak button and next screen will be seen
7. Its done! After you have seen the screen above, Jailbreak is completed, you need to wait for the phone to reboot and cydia will be there in your iPhone.
Please note that Jailbreaking may void your warrenty, and the above guide was only tested on my iPhone. Please jailbreak at your own risk. Thanks!
Please share your experience jailbreaking with Spirit, do leave us a comment. Thanks!