5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak available by this week.
The long awaited 5.1.1 untethered Jailbreak should be available for all iOS Devices other than 3rd Generation Apple TV. Thanks to pod2g and MuscleNerd who have been working very hard for Absinthe 2.0 untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1.
For those whose iPhone and iPad are already at iOS 5.1.1, please wait awhile more, once the jailbreak is ready we will be reporting it asap.
Here are some information which MuscleNerd has posted to his website:
* All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
* @pod2g’s 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking.
– the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1
– @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
* The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
* Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI “cinject” binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions.
– timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
* For those wishing to donate, we’ve set up a new 5.1.1 paypal URL:https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4U6DQGJ2NRVUN
* Please don’t pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).
Cool, I can’t wait for the launch of it! 🙂