Yes, After a long wait, finally iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak has finally been released. You can now download and start your jailbreak via the below links:
But how do you proceed with the jailbreak? Don’t worry, just read the below guide:
Step by step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 using Absinthe 2.0 which I have just done:
1. Download Absinthe from the links above
2. Backup your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. Be sure to always do proper backup before proceeding with any version upgrade or jailbreak process. You can either backup via iCloud or to your computer. It is recommended to backup to your computer, as it will be faster. Especially when we need to do phone restore later on.
3. This step is optional, but Chronic-Dev Team and iPhone Dev Teams recommends us to clear all data in your iOS device before jailbreak your device. This will speed up the jailbreak process, and also have a smoother jailbreak process.
Anyway to clear all data in your device, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings.
4. Connect your iOS devices to your computer, be it Mac or PC.
5. Open up Absinthe 2.0 which you have just download
6. Click on Jailbreak button and wait for it to finish.
7. Once jailbreaking is done, go back to iTunes, on the left panel right click your device and select “restore from backup” and restore the copy that you have just backup.
8. That’s all, once the restore process is done, then you will have your Jailbroken iOS 5.1.1 device!
Hope you will have a smooth process jailbreaking, and enjoy!