It is finally here! The long awaited iOS 5.01 untethered Jailbreak is finally launched by dev-team. @pod2g has been telling us that untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 was almost ready a few days ago, and just a few minutes ago, they launched redsn0w 0.9.10b1 for both Mac OSX and Windows.
iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users can finally jailbreak their devices. Here’s the catch, it is for all iDevices other than A5 chip devices, thus iPad 2 and iPhone 4S can’t be untethered jailbroken yet. Sorry guys, you have to wait awhile more.
For all other devices which can be upgrade to iOS 5.01, your device can be jailbroken. They are namely, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad 1, iPod Touch 3rd Generation and above.
Check out UsingApple iOS 5.01 Untethered Jailbreak steps:
1. Upgrade your devices to iOS 5.01, you can either do it via iTunes or from your iOS Devices’s setting(If you are on iOS 5)
2. Backup your iOS Devices, you can backup via iCloud or your Mac/PC
3. Download redsn0w 0.9.10b5 for Mac OSX or Windows (updated due to iBook fix)
4. Device is connected to your Mac/PC
5. Unzip redsn0w 0.9.10b5 and double click on redsn0w icon
7. Switch off your Device and click on next.
8. Do the usual DFU Mode action, First hold on Power Button (Corner) for 3 Seconds
Without releasing the Power Button, Hold on to your Home Button for 10 Seconds
Then release your Power Button, but still holding on to your home Button for 15 Seconds
12. That’s all! I have just tested it myself on my iPhone 4, it is working fine! Enjoy your jailbreak guys!