Daring Fireball John Gruber argued in Web 2.0 Expo NY that Apple is a great Web 2.0 Company, although people always complained that Apple has no link with Web. John thinks otherwise, Apple is a great web 2.0 company and has great contribution to it.
To Summarize in a very short point form:
- iPhone is a great addition to the web
- iPhone is a great addition to mobile space
- iOS is based on web
- App Store and Apps are built on top and depends on web
- iTunes has one of the largest http music transfers on the web
- iOS users used the web more than any other mobile users.
- Webkit is one of the most successful web browser technology
- Most of mobile browsers are based on webkit today
- Webkit is developed and open-sourced by Apple