RedSn0w has been updated with the release of iOS 4, now you can jail break your iPhone 3G or iPod Touch with RedSn0w 0.9.5b5-3! It is available for both Mac and Windows, and it not only jailbreak your iPhone/iPod Touch, it can also enable Multi-Tasking and Background change features (which is disabled by Apple)
Here the guide on the RedSn0w 0.9.5b5-3 Jailbreak for iOS 4.0:
1. Download iOS 4 for your version of iPhone or iPod Touch, Link are here.
2. Update your iPhone/iPod Touch to the iOS 4, Go to ‘iTunes‘, then to ‘Device’, and restore your iPhone with the iOS 4 you have just downloaded.
4. After you are done with the restoring and downloads of RedSn0w, Start up ‘RedSn0w‘.
5. Click on ‘Browse’ and Select the ipsw files that you have just downloaded here, and Click on ‘Next‘ Button.
6. Wait for the IPSW to finish processing, and Click ‘Next‘
7. Here is the important Section, There is a few options for you to select before you continue:
Install Cydia is a must check, as that will enable you to download jailbroke apps and settings. Multi-Tasking will enable you to have multi-tasking just like users who have iPhone 3GS, BUT please take note that enabling Multi-Tasking will SLOW DOWN your iPhone 3G by quite abit.
I, Myself have tried it, it is slow… so if you still wish to have multi-tasking, please check on it.
8. Once you are done with the selection Click ‘Next‘
9. When you reach this screen, Switch Off your iPhone/iPod now and PLUG in your device to your computer before you click ‘NEXT‘
10. Follow the RedSn0w’s Screen for instructions for entering your iPhone into DFU mode.
11. After you are done, you can take a rest now. Wait for RedSn0w to do the rest of the work, once done click on ‘Finish‘ and your iPhone/iPod will restart.
12. After your iPhone/iPod reboot, you will realise your Cydia icon is a blank white icon, don’t worry, click on the Cydia icon and go to ‘Manage‘ Tab then go to ‘Source‘ panel
13. Add a new Source – http://apt.saurik.com/cydia-3.7 repo. After you are done, reboot your iPhone and you will be able to see the usual Cydia icon.
Thanks for following through the guide, if you guys have any questions, please feel free to drop a comment or tweet to us @usingapple